USEFUL WRITTEN RESOURCES on GENTRIFICATION and other stuff:
These will download as PDF’s that you can read on a computer or print out if you are able to0.
• HOUSING CRISIS – A great introduction from 2012 to the crazy and tough times ahead for Council tenants, Housing Association tenants, those on Housing Benefit, homeless people and those who live in empty properties. Published as a magazine by Corporate Watch: Here Housing Crisis 2012
• GENTRIFICATION – Lees, Slater & Wyly here (book)
• GENTRIFICATION AND DISPLACEMENT here (article)
• SOFTSELLING GENTRIFICATION – Glynn here (article)
• NEW GLOBALISM, NEW URBANISM: GENTRIFICATION AS A GLOBAL URBAN STRATEGY – Smith here (article)
• REAPPRAISAL OF GENTRIFICATION – Lees here (article)
• FROM CRITICAL URBAN THEORY TO RIGHT TO THE CITY – Marcuse here (article)
• NEW RETAIL CAPITAL AND NEIGHBOURHOOD CHANGE: BOUTIQUES AND GENTRIFICATION IN NEW YORK CITY – Sharon Zukin Essay here
• THE RIGHT TO THE CITY – Harvey here (article)
• THE NEW URBAN FRONTIER – Smith here (book)
• LONDON CALLING, THE MIDDLE CLASSES AND THE REMAKING OF LONDON – Butler here (book)
• STUDENTIFICATION: THE GENTRIFICATION FACTORY – Smith here (article)
Peter Marcuse, Margit Mayer, Susan Fainstein, David Harvey and Neil Smith: The concluding panel of all day Radical Urbanism conference December 12, 2008 about The Right To The City here.